Tuesday, January 26, 2010

University class

The class was on the larger side, about 23 students ,maybe 6 male, although I forgot to count. It was opposite the ratio of my last smaller class. A good instructor, but an average class for me. It consisited of a number of 10 minute poses for contour drawings and then a number of poses for gestures. The class met Tues and Thursday last week.

Following the Thursday class I had a one hour gig for the university drawing club, They were a tad disorganized,it seemed and the turnout was small, maybe 9 or 10 people ( 3 male 7female). However that was a good thing because the room was tiny. I could only do standing poses because everyone was seated so close ( in a circle). It was a little strange, just because I was on top of the artists , nearly brushing their drawing boards with my body!! However, hurrah, I did get paid on the spot. Much better than waiting weeks for a check to go through payroll.

With the beginning of school I am picking up! I have 10 bookings so far for next month. I hope to see some beautiful art from it.

Oh, PS. I found out this week that a drawing of me is the logo for the University Drawing Club! Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment