Friday, January 29, 2010

New class at a junior college

Started the semester yesterday at a suburban junior college. Medium size class. 17 ( 10 f , 7m).
I don't know why I keep the ratio of m/f, but I think it interesting!

The class is a beginning drawing class, and the instructor was having them "block in" the figure. So , he wanted me to keeep my robe on for this. Actually, after the break, I mentioned fully clothed would probably be better, if he did not want nude, so at least my legs wouldn't be covered from the hip to knee by a robe. Thankfully, we did that , as the studio was COLD!

I know some of the artists from earlier classes there - there is a marked improvement in some of the work. I really enjoy seeing tihis. Makes me feel like , in my own way. I am contributing!

And speaking of contributing! I feel like I am contributing my time, as this college is the WORST for getting paid. They have a horrible sysytem that , it seems, no one can work. I got paid for some of my work last semester, but they still owe me for a couple of sessions. Plus , as I understandit, they are NOT sending out W2 or 1099's - you have ot access the system and downlaod it yourself ( fraught with problems)....Isn't that illegal?

By the way , Rubenesque as I may be....down the first 15 lbs today!

No comments:

Post a Comment